The City Administrator, Gerald O. Herman, is responsible for the day to day operations of the city and is the city's chief administrative officer. Appointed by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen, he works under the control and direction of the Board.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and administering the city's budget in coordination with the Finance Director
- Supervising all city departments
- Administering personnel policies
- Informing the Board of the affairs of the city
- Recommending to the Board actions that are necessary or expedient for the welfare of the city
Gerald O. Herman
Mr. Herman has served as City Administrator since January 2012. Prior to accepting the position, he served four years as the City’s police chief. He began his career in local government as a police officer in March of 1984. He has an M.P.A. in Public Administration from the University of Toledo.